[Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: release goals for Bazaar 1.1
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:31:36 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Note also that the feature I described can be implemented without any need
> for side-info: all it needs is the {arch} patch-logs and the diffs from
> the archive.  No need to cache any kind of annotation.

It can, but with terribly slow performance. To trace a particular line
of code your working directory, you need to download and untar the
all the changesets (this means also the information about the files
you don't care about) up to the corresponding diff ...

BTW, I think fai already has this feature in addition to annotate.

--
Matthieu