Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script

From: Paul Mundt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:47:00 +0200

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 01:17:00PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> You could branch at patch-2006 and start re-importing the changeset to
> see whether you get the same error, but I doubt.

Now that I look at this more, it seems like there are a _lot_ of
changesets that simply have no file modifications. While this in itself
isn't a problem, there seem to be quite a few legitimate cases that are
just dropped (this seems to have just been one isolated example).

For instance, I can find a range of something like 50 consecutive
changesets where there have been nothing checked in but a patch log.

> I will update the wiki with a new script. I also added couple of lines
> to automatically cache the revision if there is a symbolic name for it
> in the ChangeSet,v file (i.e. for any full or -rc release).
>
> Thanks for taking the time to look into this problem,

Ok, I will probably just end up wiping my tree entirely and starting over
with your updated script. This seems to be the least painful way of going
for the moment, as I have no idea what the extent of the damage is
presently.

If you are interersted in debugging this further, I can back up my tree
somewhere for you to fetch, though I don't know how useful this will be.