Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script

From: Catalin Marinas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:24:16 +0000

Paul Mundt <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, I do have the 1.26789 rev, but not 1.26831 (this is the one that
> caused the reject, ,bkcvs-last-rev is currently 1.26830).

That's fine, the ,bkcvs-last-rev file is only update if the
patch/commit succeeded.

> Lets see if 1.26789 lines up with what is in BK.. it's going to take
> awhile to build up to these patch levels in my revlib, so I will keep you
> posted once this finishes up.

Do a grep in {arch}/..../patch-log for this number and do a "tla
get-changeset" on that patch number. You can look afterwards in the
directory created, it is much faster than using the revlib (actually I
always make sure not to use library revisions with this repository
since it takes ages to create).

> I started tracking at 2.6.10 (I figured I would start out with the
> example you provided to make sure nothing out of the ordinary happened,
> prior to trying to go back any further). So the ,bkcvs-last-rev I had
> when starting out was 1.24782.

I think it is better to do some intermediate diffs on -rcX releases
with the kernel.org archives to make sure there are not differences.

> The base-0 log is a bit long, so instead of wasting everyone elses
> bandwidth, I'll send this to you privately.

Well, I meant patch-1, I realised that base-0 is the initial import
and the file list want tell much. Patch-1 log shows the first BKCVS
revision you used, that's what I was interested in.

Catalin