Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script

From: Paul Mundt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Linux BKCVS to GNU Arch Script
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:55:01 +0200

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:15:37PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> Paul Mundt <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Now that I look at this more, it seems like there are a _lot_ of
> > changesets that simply have no file modifications. While this in itself
> > isn't a problem, there seem to be quite a few legitimate cases that are
> > just dropped (this seems to have just been one isolated example).
>
> It happens that many of the "merge ..." logs are empty since Torvalds
> seems to do a merge from different BK trees every few days but BK
> still commits an empty patch when there are no changes.

Yes, I am fully aware of that, however those rarely happen with so many
in succession. I also verified this with bk/web that real data was being
dropped and that these were not just empty merge points. The actual data
loss was quite high when comparing against current BK from that
changeset:

I have no idea why it diverged so far, but after merging this fixup
patch, everything is working fine again (using the new script).

Thanks for the quick fix, hopefully things won't get so utterly out of
sync again with the new script. Now I can get back to real work.. :-)