Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Skeleton GNU/Linux

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Skeleton GNU/Linux
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 01:26:34 +0300

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 05:09:52PM -0500, Matt Lee wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Jean Louis <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I am glad for that. Personally, I am avoiding it due to larger size,
> > and compiling taking time. I am using now Dillo, Xombrero, uzbl and
> > surf.
> >
> > uzbl is in particular very usable.
>
> I'm not going to ask our users to use one of those.
> uzbl doesn't have an address bar to enter a URL.
>
> We'll ship Chromium with some fixes to make it compliant, or possibly
> Firefox with fixes.

But please uzbl has address bar to enter the URL. It is just not up,
it is down. I am entering URLs in uzbl address bar all the times. And
what is really nice with uzbl, you can make your own address bar in
any way you like, enter it, and pipe it to the browser (users would
not know it if you wish so).

Jean Louis