Re: [GNU-linux-libre] 10 minutes, and uzbl browser became usable

From: Zlatan Todoric
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] 10 minutes, and uzbl browser became usable
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 16:53:28 +0100

On 11/15/2016 03:15 PM, Dima Krasner wrote:
---- On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:57:07 +0200 Zlatan Todoric  wrote ----

Devuan is IMHO just a joke (https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/
Sounds like you're attacking a free software project, too.

Indeed but I will point difference between systemd and Devuan - one was much needed solution which majority of well experienced projects and people adopted, other was a reaction "f this systemd sh*t, lets fork and do something meaningless" - everyone has right to do whatever they want but for me here it is clear that one project is trying to solve things and other is just breaking community into more pieces.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion and I might be wrong but in this case I hardly doubt it. TBH, Debian probably single handedly spread Free software definition more into world than all other distros out there combined including PureOS, Devuan etc - because of Debian I learnt about GNU Manifesto and GNU in general, so it is probably personal to me when people don't pay respect to it.

Note: I am also Debian Developer as well as Purism technical lead, but I speak here only on my behalf.