Re: almost newbie

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: almost newbie
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:13:55 +0200

On Tuesday, 17 October 2000, Mats Bengtsson writes:

> > Well I looked at that, and it didn't make much sense to me, maybe I should
> > look again... The two things that really needs tweeking is the font which
> > should be larger for my use (jazz fakebook-style sheets) for easy spotting
> > on stage. Rhythm section members might even consider the chords the most
> > important thing on the page so they should be as big as possible with
> > out dominating. The other thing is more a matter of (my (lack of)) taste,
> > but I think the composer is written with too large a font, should be same
> > size as "metre".
>
> I don't know anything about the chords, could someone else provide
> more information on how to change the size?

You can probably set roman_magnification = 2.;  (or maybe
default_magnification) in the paperblock to get bigger pitch names.
I'm not sure if this makes the rest of the cord bigger, maybe you'd
have to edit the chord table and add 'size entries.
See input/test/jazz-chords.ly for how to edit the chord table.

Hopefully, this will all get easier some time soon.

Jan.