Re: MVC Branch

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: MVC Branch
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:18:31 +0200 (CEST)

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> I have now almost all fundamental stuff for a new
> branch implemented.

> Within each function there are several builtin methods
> for various purposes (e.g. Database, Template, User
> Management etc.).

> set/get allows also optional parameters for an
> additional WHERE condition or a other Model name.
> (This is currently the only way to set/get a specific row,
> I want to implement better solutions).

What about using the primary and foreing keys of the data base model?.
Note I do not know too much about all this.

> Model; with the model class you actually describe a
> specific table (e.g. User). Again here is a bunch
> of lines:
>
> <?php
> class User extends Model
> {
>   public $name = 'User';
>
>   public $validate = array('id' => VALID_NUMBER);
> }
> ?>

> With $validate you can build an array which describes
> your table more exact. There are several constants
> (e.g. VALID_NUMBER, VALID_EMAIL, VALID_NOT_EMPTY) for
> this job. Now if you want to save data our Model
> checks first if there was something specified with
> $validate. If a column fails this tests our Model
> will trigger an error function - which we can
> controll with our View class.

This rocks!!!. If all is OK we could move to this new architecture to may
it easier the development of some of the pending tasks.

> Our View class itself is nothing special. It just
> integrates Smarty as the engine behind it and will
> have nearly only wrapper functions.
>
> I also integrated mod_rewrite for cleaner URL's.

No comment!

> Any suggestions? There is of course still a lot
> of work! You can compare this script with cakephp.org,
> however a lots of things are different (purged)
> as I wanted to develop a much simpler and smaller
> script.

I will study it to night. I will look for you new branch. What will be the
name?, MVC?.

The sooner we merge this new branch with the cvs trunk, the better.

Davi