Re: New proposed webapp Architecture

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: New proposed webapp Architecture
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 22:58:17 +0200

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> I will now working on internationalization support. Since we
> use a Smarty plugin for that it should be very simple.
>
> Next tasks will be integration of PDO and some backend
> models as well as some loadable components (this feature
> is comparable with the components within CakePHP).

A full redesign is a lot of work, however with your clean ideas it will be
easier. Moreover, I personally think your new architecture will improve the
project development and maintenance.

Anyway, if there is something good from the design of the current architecture
we could try to get it.  For example, I like how only files under the Layer-0
directory can be accessed via a HTTP request, without the need of rewrite
rules. Apache configuration:
  DocumentRoot /var/www/www.gnuherds.org/Layer-0__Site_entry_point/

What is the site entry point directory of the new proposal ?
  DocumentRoot .../site/controller/ ??

P.S.: I will write you any thought to try to understand the new architecture
the most quickly possible.

Davi