Re: Using CakePHP itself?

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Using CakePHP itself?
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:38:15 +0200

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> As we should discuss all options:
>
> How do you feel about using cakephp itself?

To cover use of the software over a computer network, we are using temporally
the Affero GPL v1 license. We want to move to GPL v3 when released.

  You could look at this RMS talk:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-04/msg00010.html

CakePHP is distributed under the MIT License. I do not know now if such
licenses are compatibles allowing us integrate CakePHP into our code and even
modifying CakePHP to our taste.  I think it is possible due to the nature of
the MIT license, but we should check it before starting to work on this way?.

> I just saw that it has also good support for Access
> Controll Lists [1] and also provides builtin for
> logins [2].

> The only thing which doesn't seems
> to be supported is internationalization.
> However, it can be easily added by us.

If you agree we could send an email to <licensing AT fsf.org> to get support
about such question.