Re: PicoPay

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: PicoPay
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 23:57:33 +0200

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Maybe we should also choose an anonymous method like PicoPay
> http://www.pico-pay.com/opensourcedonations.html

That above link reads:

  "The user needs to select and click on enough *advertiser sites* to
   accumulate enough credits to cover the donation payment price, as
   requested by the Open Source project developers."

Sometimes I do not like what such PicoPay link reads; 'advertiser', etc. IMHO
GNU Herds should not include any kind of advertiser, etc.

Anyhow, it seems PicoPay want to do the same we are talking about to add
to GNU Herds, with the micro donations-payments feature. The PicoPay link
reads something similar to:

  * It allows FS project developers to introduce a donation mechanism
    for collecting very small payments which would not otherwise be
    feasible within current banking or credit card frameworks.

  * It allows users of FS projects to donate money to the project/developers,
    but without having to actually pay anything themselves.