Re: GNU Herds vs RMS/FSF -- joining both

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: GNU Herds vs RMS/FSF -- joining both
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:33:17 +0200

Dave Crossland wrote:
> >  At its job listing page, they will ask for $250 for a thirty-day run.
> > Ask you to join the FSF when you register, etc. Of course it is not
> > democratic.
> >
> >  Anyway if nobody disagree I will send an email to RMS tonight asking for
> >  joining both job listings, as proposed with the federated sites idea
> > which RMS did not disagree ...
>
> Great :-)

After thinking a little, I will not ask him about this subject.

There is no way to merge the backend of something that will ask for $250 with
something that will not ask for any dollar.  Merging it would be a way to
avoid paying at the FSF job listing.

My conclusion it that both listings will be just different things, as John
Sullivan [1] exposed same time ago.

  [1] http://www.wjsullivan.net

Anyhow, anyone is free to talk with him in the name of GNU Herds. Fill free to
do it yourself.