gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 11:16:29 -0800

Yo Charles!

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:00:07 +0100
"Charles Muggen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm sorry to be so dense about this, but how do I kill the version of
> gpsd that is already running?

I suggest brutally:  killall -9 gpsd

Repeat until it says 'no process ound'

# killall -9 gpsd
# killall -9 gpsd
gpsd: no process found

> Charles Curley suggested running this:

Yes, for when you use your distro gpsd.  but now you are using your
hand build gpsd.  The hand built gpsd does not use systemd by default.

> address@hidden:~# systemctl list-units | grep gpsd
> gpsd.service                  loaded active running   GPS (Global
> Positioning System) Daemon gpsd.socket                   loaded
> active running   GPS (Global Positioning System) Daemon
> Sockets
>
> this is bad?

Yes, it likely means you distro gpsd is still  installed, and running.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588