gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Galileo

From: Mike Tubby
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Galileo
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:01:05 +0000

On 3/6/2018 12:08 PM, aimdev wrote:
Hi

Galileo has been enabled using the ubx-center program as has NME 4.1,
and the Galileo satellites are present. Nmea sentences as monitored by
ublox-center are present

I also disabled all constellations except Galileo, but suspect using gpsmon that
this may be modified by gpsd as there are more satellites that I expect, and
the GNSS constellation
setting as shown by ublox-center show gps/glonass enabled

Grepping the code show’s no occurrences of $GAGSA or $GAGSV sentences,
which makes me suspect gpsd is not Galileo compliant, but I am happy to be
proven incorrect :)

I would expect GPSD to detect the Ublox-8 and switch to UBX binary mode.

Once in binary mode the config message UBX-CFG-GNSS (0x06 0x3E) would have to be sent to enable Galileo operation ... I suspect that GPSD does not do this (yet) in the same way that GPSD does not enable hardware monitopring of antenna faults, jamming detection or spoofing detection.

Mike

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks

Aimee