guix-devel

Re: Outreachy project infrastructure

From: Thorsten Wilms
Subject: Re: Outreachy project infrastructure
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 15:23:44 +0100

On 22/11/2018 14.12, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
Still, the concept of using several layers in one file might be
worthwhile. An export script could toggle layer visibility before
calling inkscape with --export-ps (or -png or -pdf).

This can easily get crowded, in my experience, as pretty slides are
sometimes much more easily edited and laid out with the help of multiple
layers.

Layers can be nested.

I think it’s easier to handle separate files in the Makefile, but your
snippet could come in handy in case we end up using just one layered SVG
file in the end.

Yes, from that perspective it's certainly easier to have separate files.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/