guix-devel

Re: Outreachy project infrastructure

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Outreachy project infrastructure
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 12:38:36 +0100

Hello Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. nov. 23.,
P, 12:02):

> Hi Gábor,
>
> > I would propose the following: do not show slides and screen recording
> > at the same time, and make a transition between them
> > when we switch.
>
> The slides are turned into a video segment; the terminal session
> recordings as well.  The final step is just to concatenate them to a
> single video track.  This can be done with ffmpeg.  All of these
> segments would be silent.  A single narration audio file is then merged
> as the audio track.

Ok, that is manageable. I would still consider some transition to make it more
visually appealing. we can use for example the fade filter or similar.

> > Have the narrator optionally overlaid onto the video
> > (for example in the bottom right corner), and make the narrator
> > screen the video when we have neither screen recording nor slides to
> > show.
>
> My preference is to not have a video of the narrator at all, actually.
> This avoids problems of embedding / overlaying video without obscuring
> the content, recording quality differences, etc.  I think for 3 minute
> videos the slide content / terminal session recordings would be
> sufficient.

It is definitely easier that way, and we can make a lot of simplifying
assumptions.
I would still consider having a placeholder image to cover for the
possibility that
there might be parts where no slide or screen recording is shown. But we might
make it a policy to always show something. WDYT?

> --
> Ricardo

Best regards,
g_bor