guix-devel

Re: Outreachy project infrastructure

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Outreachy project infrastructure
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 11:24:07 +0100

Hello guix,

To reduce confusion I propose to focus on the graph when the need
arises to make the process more structured.
Also that was created when I had programmed screen recordings in mind,
so the presentation style videos do not map well to it.
It also has several repeating subgraphs, so if we need that I will
refactor the graph to have reusable components.

It would be nice if someone with more experience in keeping a video
editing project tractable could comment on how to
get narration, slides and screen recordings to the same video with ease.

I would propose the following: do not show slides and screen recording
at the same time, and make a transition between them
when we switch. Have the narrator optionally overlaid onto the video
(for example in the bottom right corner), and make the narrator
screen the video when we have neither screen recording nor slides to
show. Select a placeholder image for this when the narrator video
is not provided for the given locale. Making this optional will help
to get these translated incrementally. WDYT?

Best regards,
g_bor