guix-devel

Re: Outreachy project infrastructure

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Outreachy project infrastructure
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 12:01:50 +0100

Hi Gábor,

> I would propose the following: do not show slides and screen recording
> at the same time, and make a transition between them
> when we switch.

The slides are turned into a video segment; the terminal session
recordings as well.  The final step is just to concatenate them to a
single video track.  This can be done with ffmpeg.  All of these
segments would be silent.  A single narration audio file is then merged
as the audio track.

> Have the narrator optionally overlaid onto the video
> (for example in the bottom right corner), and make the narrator
> screen the video when we have neither screen recording nor slides to
> show.

My preference is to not have a video of the narrator at all, actually.
This avoids problems of embedding / overlaying video without obscuring
the content, recording quality differences, etc.  I think for 3 minute
videos the slide content / terminal session recordings would be
sufficient.

--
Ricardo