gutopia-dev

RE: [rgui-dev] RE: Backend Debouch

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: RE: [rgui-dev] RE: Backend Debouch
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:24:52 -0400

Yeah...at the bottom of my "witty" post about all the FreeRIDE folks
hanging out on the GUtopIa list (which I don't think anyone read) is:

I am also interested in Laurent's approach, especially the parsing of
the existing C code and generating Ruby-C code...or better yet, Ruby/DL
code ( http://kt-www.jaist.ac.jp/~ttate/ruby/ruby-dl.html ). Ruby/DL is
included in 1.7.2 now and lets you call .dll/.so files w/out writing (or
having to compile) C extensions.  Anyway, if we need to parse C code I
have been working with rlex and ryacc so we could get a
tokenizer/grammer file for the C code and build a translator to Ruby/C
or Ruby/DL.  Sounds like FUN :-)

-rich