gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:21:32 +0200 (EET)

> Having a presentation there is so vital to the group that I'm making
> giving one a requirement for continued employment with the group.
> I expect to get an abstract of what you want to say (for discussing and
> aligning with the other presentations and the overall message) posted
> on this list today.

I guess, that navidoc is less important to the project's
oweners/financiers, but it's the only project I know enough to talk about
it :) So, if we'll have enough time, I could try to present it.

- navidoc as byproduct of our project
  + components/features added, when needed
  + built primarly for this project, currently
    being moved to independent project, "easily"
    used also elsewhere
  + independent from the other project
  + paper submitted to HT03
- lightweight freesoftware tools/toolchains to
  support our documentation (and therefore development)
  + focusing to navidoc itself
    - lexical UML written within other documentation (ReST)
    - linking different documentations using UML diagrams
    - himalia
  + pegboard could be mentioned
 (+ out version of docutils latex writer)
 (+ also homepage tools, i.e. navbar, will be part of navidoc)

Should we have those abstracts soon for advertisement?

"Navidoc is a collection of lightweight tools built to support our
project's documentation. Navidoc provides readily-authored language to
describe UML diagrams lexically within design documentation. Navidoc could
also expand diagrams to work as multi-ended links, to
hypertextually connect design documentation to Javadoc generated
documentation. The example of Navidoc enhanced documentation could be
found at http://himalia.it.jyu.fi/gzzdoc/";

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>