gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:53:20 +0200 (EET)

Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Tuomas Lukka kirjoitti:
> > - navidoc as byproduct of our project
> >   + components/features added, when needed
> >   + built primarly for this project, currently
> >     being moved to independent project, "easily"
> >     used also elsewhere
> >   + independent from the other project
> >   + paper submitted to HT03
> > - lightweight freesoftware tools/toolchains to
> >   support our documentation (and therefore development)
> >   + focusing to navidoc itself
> >     - lexical UML written within other documentation (ReST)
> >     - linking different documentations using UML diagrams
> >     - himalia
> >   + pegboard could be mentioned
> >  (+ out version of docutils latex writer)
> >  (+ also homepage tools, i.e. navbar, will be part of navidoc)
>
> Hmm... it might actually be really good to combine this with some mention
> of our testing methods: the automated tests in .test files.

Should we have a more general "byproduct" section in presentation?

How our test framework enhances general unittest frameworks?

OTOH, you have already mentioned that .test should be included
into our documentation and interconnect using Navidoc.
So, it links tests somehow to Navidoc.

> > "Navidoc is a collection of lightweight tools built to support our
> > project's documentation. Navidoc provides readily-authored language to
> > describe UML diagrams lexically within design documentation.
>
> This is not the most important point, I think.

But I think, it still this should be mentioned. So, I should change the
order?

"Navidoc is a collection of lightweight tools built to support our
project's documentation. Navidoc expands UML diagrams embedded in
design documentation to work as multi-ended links, which hypertextually
connect design documentation to Javadoc generated documentation. For
describing UML diagrams, Navidoc provides a readily-authored lexical
language, which can be written within design documentation. The example
of Navidoc enhanced documentation could be found at
http://himalia.it.jyu.fi/gzzdoc/";

> > Navidoc could
> could = voisi -- ???

Navidoc can