gzz-dev

Loom presentation (Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentat

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Loom presentation (Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:08:50 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > -Loom
>
> I want to see it first ;)
>
> But would be very good.

So no-one's taken this yet? Loom would be Benja's area, but as he's not
here, I could present Loom-related issues. I should consult with him,
though.

To see Loom in action, check out from CVS modules fenfire and
fenfire-depends. Run "ant" in fenfire to compile and tests, and "ant run"
to start Loom.

Some example data from Benja's messages:
View
http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/schemas/ical-full/old/examples/images/1.gif

and compare it to loading
http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/schemas/ical-full/old/examples/1.rdf

and opening it in Loom using menu "File->Open...".

You can browse using keys uom.jl or using mouse and left and right
buttons.

For some real-world data see, http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rss

What do we want to say about it? The audience expects something not
technical at all?

We can explain what RDF is, how it's open (W3C), and how many other
projects already use it (the Semantic Web). There are libraries we can use
and there will be onthology and inference code we can use. Other RDF users
can use our browser to edit their data, thus we can collaborate with them.
Other people plan to use RDF in hypertextual systems as well
(bootstrap.org/open hypermedia system).

If we have a vision about unifying Loom, PP and xupdf, I'd say that's
important as well. If the audience wonders about change from zzstructure,
we should tell something about the effects of the change as well.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden