Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:32:17 +1100

Noli,

I assume that you are using mathprog and then producing an MPS file for
CBC, and as you point out, you can't then use the mathprog output
statements and would have to process the results some other way.

Are you able to share the details on how you make this work? I presume
CBC is the COIN-OR MIP solver. How is easy is CBC to work with and how
do you handle the output processing?

Regards,

Harley

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012, at 21:59, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Just like to mention that CBC solver can run threads (i.e.
> multi-threaded operation on mulitple core processor (e.g. intel i7
> quad core (MacbookPro)).
>
> I run my MIP MathProg models in CBC/MathProg. I use -threads 8 (8
> threads). It reduces the solution time from 28 minutes to 1.45 minutes
> with proximity search.
>
> CBC/MathProg combo only works as input.
>
> Noli
-----