Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:56:46 +1100

Noli,

I had a look at the config.log for the CBC configure step and found
these important parts:

  configure:21403: checking whether source of project Glpk is available
  and should be compiled
  configure:21512: result: no, source file
  ./ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk/include/glpk.h not available

Before my second attempt at the compilation, I went into the
./ThirdParty/Glpk directory and ran ./configure, make, sudo make install
and this process  put the glpk.h file in ./ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk/coin/

After running ./get.Glpk in the initial installed Glpk directory, this
is the directory structure of the ./ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk directory:

  coinglpk.pc.in
  config_glpk.h.in
  config.h
  configure
  depcomp
  glpk <= source directory for glpk
  glpk.patch
  install-sh
  Makefile.am
  missing
  coinglpk-uninstalled.pc.in
  config.guess
  config.sub
  configure.ac
  get.Glpk
  INSTALL.Glpk
  ltmain.sh
  Makefile.in

The get.Glpk script downloaded Glpk, installed into glpk and then
patched the file. What is the next step in the /ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk
directory?

Do I configure, make and make install from within the
./ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk directory as this does not put the glpk.h file
into ./ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk/include but some directories below this?

Is the GLPK configure script and the make file called by the the main
CBC configure file or do I need to do this from within the
./ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk directory possibly with some --prefix prior to
configuring and compiling CBC?

If I do need to run configure in the ./ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk directory,
do I use the same ./configure options that I used for the main CBC
program configure?

    ./configure CFLAGS='-m64 -O3' CC=gcc-4.7 --enable-gnu-packages
    --enable-cbc-parallel --enable-debug -C --prefix=/usr/local

Thanks for all your help,

Harley

--
-----