Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:31:00 +1100

Noli,

I have nearly got this working. I used the get.glpk script in the third
party directory and then used your options below to compile the CBC
program on an Ubuntu 64 bit machine.

I used this compilation command:

  ./configure CFLAGS='-m64 -O3' CC=gcc-4.7 --enable-gnu-packages
  --enable-cbc-parallel --enable-debug -C --prefix=/usr/local
  make
  sudo make install

I attempted to use the following command line with the compiled CBC
program.

  cbc braemar_prices_dop.mod -randomCbcSeed 0 -randomSeed 0 -proximity
  on -threads 8 -printi csv -solve -solu braemar_prices_dop.csv

  command line - cbc braemar_prices_dop.mod -randomCbcSeed 0 -randomSeed
  0 -proximity on -threads 8 -printi csv -solve -solu
  braemar_prices_dop.csv (default strategy 1)
  At line 1 param n_revenue >= 0;
  Unknown image param n_revenue >= 0; at line 1 of file
  ./braemar_prices_dop.mod
  Coin0008I  read with -2 errors
  There were -2 errors on input
  randomCbcSeed was changed from -1 to 0
  using time of day randomSeed was changed from 1234567 to 1355826052
  Option for proximitySearch changed from off to on
  threads was changed from 0 to 8
  Option for printingOptions changed from normal to csv
  ** Current model not valid
  ** Current model not valid
  No match for braemar_prices_dop.csv - ? for list of commands
  Total time (CPU seconds):       0.00   (Wallclock seconds):       0.00

The first line is a standard mathprog command:

  param n_revenue >= 0;

So it would seem that the mathprog interface is not being used for the
model as this is pretty straight forward mathprog line and the whole
model runs on GLPK. The mod file has the structure:

  code
  solve
  date
  end

All in the one file called braemar_prices_dop.mod.

There wasnt any command in the ./configure step to include glpk - is
anything required? Or is there a command line option needed for CBC to
use mathprog to process the model?

Any help or directions to any documentation would be greatly
appreciated. How did you work out how to set up CBC for mathprog?

Regards,

Harley

--
-----