Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:17:57 +1100

Harley,

> I reverted to the 2.7 version of CBC:
>
>   svn co https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Cbc/stable/2.7 coin-Cbc

Good.

> This version uses 4.45 GLPK and it all worked without issue. I suspect
> that the problem with the stable/2.8 version is that it is out of step
> with the ThirdParty/GLPK directory which has been upgraded to the 4.47
> and the CBC main code has not been updated to reflect the different GLPK
> file structure.

ThirdParty/GLPK configure, make, make install scripts have problem
since GLPK-4.47 folders, libraries, codes, etc changed a bit.

> Could you pass on this feedback to the maintainers so that others don't
> experience this pain?

I think Stefan knows this already. Stefan is working with GAMS now so
GMPL - MathProg is less of priority.

> Apart from the compilation issue it all ran VERY well.
>
> Onto the big model now and thanks for all your help. Would it be OK to
> put the compilation and running information into the GLPK wikibook under
> "Other solvers" heading?

Yes, please do so.

CBC MathProg combo with proximity search and threads "will eat your
big model quickly"  :-).

Noli