Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 01:27:04 -0700

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 04:35:25PM -0500, Christian Grothoff spake thusly:
> > Wouldn't it be possible to automatically send out queries for random
> > blocks of a file to ensure that the file is available. If such queries
>
> Yes, this idea is feasible (except that in order to download 'random' (leaf)
> blocks, we'd first have to download a couple of inner blocks (those blocks

Alternatively, couldn't such metadata expire after, say, an hour? That
would avoid having stale info floating around.

I can currently search for stuff and often see the exact same files that I
have seen for days but have never been able to even begin downloading.

Also, I have two nodes running. I inserted a bunch of content on one node
and searched for it on the other node. Both nodes were well connected with
10 and 13 hosts connected each. It didn't find it even after a very long
time. With only about 20 nodes in the network how can this be?

Maybe my nodes are both just terminally poor although I can't understand
why since I have tons of bandwidth, cpu, and I have inserted a fair amount
of content on each.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
Last week I left two Windows XP CD's on my dashboard in plain view.