Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed
Date: 07 Sep 2002 23:13:07 +0200

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

> The only solution is to only "allow" a download after n replicas of the
> entire
> file exist in the network and we can guarantee with reasonable probability
> that not all of them can disappear. But this is still not a good solution
> since malicious parties could still insert half a file and claim that it's
> the whole thing. Anonymity constraints prevent us from tracking such malicious
> parties.

Wouldn't it be possible to automatically send out queries for random
blocks of a file to ensure that the file is available. If such queries
stay mostly unanswered, the file could be removed from the search
results, since its currently not completly available. If all random
queries on the other site are answered, the probability for the
availability of the file would be relativly good.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927