Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed

From: Christian Drechsler
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 18:55:26 +0200 (CEST)

hi!

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> I would add here that when you start the download, you're typically much
> more popular than when you finish it -- since downloading will decrease
> your popularity. And since the last blocks were the ones that were hard
> to get (and are thus also the most expensive ones), you end up in the
> unfortunate situation that you're (more likely to be) broke by the time
> you have to pay a lot (of course, you can be persistent and keep trying
> for a while and eventually find somebody who gives you the block for
> free, but this will take time).

that brings me to the question: i know how that priority stuff works in
theory, but how is it implemented? what priorities do gnunet-search and
gnunet-download use when they send out queries? will there be a way to
configure this in the future in order to get »important« files faster - on
higher »cost«?

regards, zottel