Re: [Help-gnunet] help with database management

From: Benjamin Paul Kay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] help with database management
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:23:54 -0400

On Sunday 12 October 2003 18:45, you wrote:
> gnunet-insert can do that, too.  But the options get really complex.  What
> do you think is wrong with gnunet-gtk with respect to pseudonyms?

The "bug" in gnunet-gtk with respect to pseudonyms may just be a
misunderstanding on my part. I assume that pseudonyms are locally synonymous
to namespaces in a non-hex format.

I use gnunet-gtk to create pseudonym "MyPseudonym" with password "password".
gnunet-pseudonym-list returns "MyPseudonym not decrypted"
All the options under Advanced-Insert into Namespace are grayed out (nothin'
happens when I click on 'em).

Possibilities:
1. I'm not doing somthing that needs to be done so that gnunet-gtk will let me
insert stuff into a namespace I've created. Help.
2. There is a bug in gnunet-gtk.
3. The developers added a menu options for insertion into a namespace but
never programmed in functionality for those options and neglected to mention
it in the changelog. Unlikely, since the process is discussed in the
documentation.

As it happens, Advanced-Assemble Directory is suffering from the same problem.
And I have absolutely no idea what Advanced-Reset File Identifiers is even
supposed to do.

The option to search a namespace will undoubtedly be useful, but I'm not sure
where I'm supposed to get the namespace in HEX format from.

> You can, but gnunet-gtk definitely did not "mess up" the DB. It just
> inserted (instead of indexed) the files.  If you index the files with
> gnunet-insert, that process will also "repair" the DB as a side-effect.

That makes life easier :-)

P.S. My ISP thinks I am spamming you due to the frequency of our little
exchanges, so please be patient if you receive a message rather late or more
than once.