Re: [Help-gnunet] help with database management

From: Benjamin Paul Kay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] help with database management
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:22:58 -0400

On Sunday 12 October 2003 13:50, Igor Wronsky:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Benjamin Paul Kay wrote:
> > My current thoughts are that gnunetd does not, in fact, have root
> > priveleges and that I should chmod /var/lib/GNUnet so that ordinary users
> > can access the stuff.
>
> Thats easily seen by e.g. 'ps aux'. And besides, you probably
> shouldn't run gnunetd as root. Create a fresh user for it or something.

I'll add that new user to my todo list. But ps aux shows that gnunetd is
running with root priveleges, so it is unlikely that this is a privelege
thing. For poops, I made a file accessible only to root, logged in as a
normal user, and used gnunet-insert to index the content. No problemo, except
that my total tally of indexed content is still zero.

I could, of course, uninstall GNUnet, wipe /var/lib/GNUnet, have mysql drop
the gnunet db, and start anew. Advisable?