help-gnustep

Re: Objective-C programming

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Objective-C programming
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:21:30 +0100 (BST)

> > As I said in my original
> > post, I have wanted to learn Objective-C, but under the false assumption
> > that one needed the GUI as well.  Nicola and yourself have clarified
> > that misconception.
>
> If memory serves right, there's at least one plain Objective-C library on
> SourceForge, that implements several containers, such as arrays, lists and
> such, that does not rely on GNUstep. I think it is/was called BobLib.

gnustep-base is the most popular, widespread, tested and supported free
ObjC foundation library ... comes with documentation, examples, support,
mailing lists, great APIs, full UNICODE support, extremely fast
implementation, portability, commercial-grade reliability ... :-)

To be honest if what you need is an ObjC foundation library to use on
Linux I can't see much point in using another one ;-)

Thanks