human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] Ocaml-SDL

From: dams
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] Ocaml-SDL
Date: 13 Mar 2002 18:48:07 +0000

I agree on bringing trade in the game, but I originally saw the concept like:

-1 main aspect deeply developped (military aspect)
-other aspects usefull and cool (and that impact weel with the first goal),
 but a simplified. (e.g. trade, cimcity aspect, civ aspect)

That brings :
-ease of use : you can play in 30 min by looking at the military option only,
letting the other part "automagically"
-power : to be a power gamer, you need to own the entire aspects, so being good
at war, trade, civilisation managment, and city construction.

If you put the other aspects at the same complexity level than war, it will be
long to learn, and difficult to play... but that's just my opinion

--
dam's