koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] translation complaint...

From: nicolas morin
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] translation complaint...
Date: Thu Jan 30 04:03:09 2003

Tonnesen Steve wrote:

It's starting to look to me like it's going to be difficult no matter what
route we take.  The easiest solution for all is probably the
get_template_and_auth method, but we end up translating partial sentences.

Beware the changes in the position of the words in the translation : translating in some languages "Hello Steve, Welcome to Koha" you might end up with Steve before "Hello", or after "Koha"... So I think it's important we don't cut the sentences in too small pieces. Which would also make things much more difficult for the translators if they don't have a clue about the context of the phrase to be translated.

Nicolas