Re: Implementation of music streams

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Implementation of music streams
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:20:05 +0200

On 5/14/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
Erik Sandberg schreef:
>> > This step is now finished, patch attached. You can notice some
>> > additional stuff that has been added as well, which currently is
>> > unused but will be used in future patches. You will notice that this
>> > patch makes lily spit out lots of Junking Event messages, which are
>> > harmless.
>
> so I may apply the patch then?

I would like to look over it one more time.

OK, tell me when you're done (nothing has changed since the patch I
sent in the root of this thread).

> There's a problem with that: Context creation is triggered by stream
> events, which tell which unique value to use for the new context. So
> the unique value needs to be there before the context has been
> created.

I don't understand this argument.

What should be the value of the 'unique field of a CreateContext event?

For reading the stream, you need a

   map<int, Context*>

mapping, of course.
why? unique ints are unique enough for me.

Erik