Re: Implementation of music streams

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Implementation of music streams
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 01:16:45 +0200

2006/5/15, Erik Sandberg <address@hidden>:
On 5/14/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2006/5/14, Erik Sandberg <address@hidden>:
> > What should be the value of the 'unique field of a CreateContext event?
>
> When writing, the 'unique field to be written is determined by the file
writer.

OK, so file writers have direct listeners to all contexts then? (I've
implemented it previously using the events_below dispatcher, which is
more convenient)

I agree it would be nice to get rid of unique.

Sorry, I think we're miscommunicating something. Can you explain what
the value unique is used for? AFAICS, it's only used for reading and
writing streams, and  isn't per se necessary inside the context tree.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys
address@hidden