Re: Problems with spanish update (Re: My patch to music glossary)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problems with spanish update (Re: My patch to music glossary)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 17:22:42 -0700

On 30-May-06, at 8:35 AM, Francisco Vila wrote:

El mar, 30 de may de 2006, a las 12:33:42 -0700, Graham Percival dijo:

I've made the changes that I could; could you make a second patch
against current CVS?  I'll ask somebody else to process that patch.

There is something VERY wrong at current CVS version; I suspect that
my patch (or a part o it) has not been properly applied as I see now
FOUR latin characters instead of TWO for each UTF-8 accented
character. Viewing it as UTF-8 still appear as TWO (ugly) characters
each.

You know more about this than I. If you want, I could revert CVS to the previous version and we could try this entire thing again. (or rather, you could try it with somebody else doing the patch)

It seems that something (perhaps CVS system or the Patch command
themselves) have been confused somewhere.

Also, after a '$ cvs co' my local copy has strange '<<<<<<'- and
'>>>>>'-filled lines surrounding some of my changes, don't know if
they have been applied or not. So I really don't know how to obtain a
second patch from this.

I only made changes which applied cleanly, so updating your local copy shouldn't produce anything like that. Try moving your copy of music-glossary.tely to another file name (bak-*), doing a cvs update to get the new version, than do a diff on your local machine.

BTW at present time TeXinfo absolutely does not support other
languages than English, why was it used for a int'l glossary like
this?

I don't know; it was made before I started doing doc stuff. It appears to produce good output in most cases.

 Remember that other PDF docs than glossary are still broken.

Huh?  What's this?