Re: Problems with spanish update

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Problems with spanish update
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:35:56 +0200

I have corrected the patch and now it is done woth diff -u (Thanks,
John!). It is attached.

El mié, 31 de may de 2006, a las 08:42:26 +0200, Werner LEMBERG dijo:
> This patch is BAD!  It is tagged as UTF-8, but its contents is
> definitely not.
>
> > < ES: alteración accidentelle,
> > ---
> > > ES: alteración accidental,
>
> This should be of course
>
> > < ES: alteración accidentelle,
> > ---
> > > ES: alteración accidental,
>
> Please always check that you use the right encoding.  The file
> music-glossary.tely is in UTF-8 encoding (as documented in the file's
> first line).

Oh, I know. But be aware that you can always make a pasted text to
appear as bad encoded depending of where did you copy it from. As you
know, the patch can be in UTF-8 (as the original .tely is) and to be
seen badly in one console or another.

The codes you just showed were right, only your message is mixing
Latin-1 and UTF-8-bad-tanslated-to-latin-1 codes.

My code was right-looking when I wrote it and saved it in xemacs
showing that tiny 'u' down at the left.

Please comment the attached one and make any comments. Thank you

--
Francisco Vila Doncel. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org