Re: Using texi2html for the documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Using texi2html for the documentation
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:14:21 -0700

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:28:50 +0100
Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:

> > After quickly looking at texi2html docs, it should be possible to
> > get any desired output by redefining the output function, e.g.
> > "Music Glossary, double sharp", which is much prettier than
> > "(music-glossary)double sharp".  If we keep "See also" sections as
>
> I put this up for discussion: Currently we have the links already
> split by external refs (i.e. one line for Music Glossary links, one
> or IR links, one for Snippet links). As long as it stays like this, I
> don't think we should show the target external manual name again,
> since it is already printed at the begining of the line...

I agree with you now.  :)   We don't need to add the external
manual names.

> Looking at the texi file:
> Do we really still need the @node before each section/chapter with
> texi2html, since splitting is then based on sections anyway?
> Currently, this causes two identical <a name="section_id"> anchors
> into the page...

Yes, otherwise info and pdf would get messed up.

> - -) For pages with multiple subsections shown on the same file, I

BTW, eventually all the manual will follow the divisions that NR
1.1 Pitches  is using.

> want the navigation panel between the subsections to show only the
> [<..] [Up...] [...>] buttons, but not the chapter navigation ones
> (i.e. [<<] [Contents] [Top]...[...>>]).

Would it be possible to show the section navigation?  ie when
you're on
  NR 1.1.3 Key signature
we see links to
  < Clef