Re: Using texi2html for the documentation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Using texi2html for the documentation
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:44:26 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> John Mandereau writes:
>
> > Would it be possible to be able to visit lilypond.org in a manually
> > selected language (e.g. via "About automatic language selection" page or
> > from each menu), falling back to English for untranslated pages
>
> That is what happens now.  In your browser, set your list of preferred
> languages.  If you set fr, en; you'll get exactly that.  If you use fr,
> de, nl, en; you get something more interesting.

> What problem are you trying to solve?

It looks that we web browser users are too lazy to switch preferred
language to see the site in another language (often in English), then
switch it back to our mother's language.  IMHO this would be rather up
to web browsers to provide quick menu access for this option, so there
is likely nothing we can do on lilypond.org scope.

Best,
John