Re: GDP: translations and code comments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: translations and code comments
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:52:37 -0700

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:20:14 +0300
Till Rettig <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm quite unclear anyway about the translation status, what should be
> done next? Graham doesn't yet want new sections to be translated,
> should we already start migrating translation branch to the new build
> scripts (was it texi2html)?

I just don't want items still in flux to be translated.  We're
still dealing with questions like "should we include periods at
the ends of lists" and "what material belongs in NR 1, and what
belongs in NR 3".  If people start translating NR 1 now, they
might need to completely redo their work once we've rewritten
those sections as part of GDP.  I'm trying to save you guys effort
in the long run!

Instead, I want to get NR 1 finished, so that we *know* that the
policies are completely and good quality.  I honestly think that
the best thing you could do for the translations is to finish
Staff, so that we can get public comments on it, discover other
missing/bad policies, and then finally have a good set of docs to
begin translating.