Re: CM 1.1 git question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: CM 1.1 git question
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:16:42 -0600

Trevor Daniels wrote:

Jon, the recent patch I pushed for you (lsr-work.patch) was
sent using Thunderbird but, as it was attached, the line
endings were correctly Unix (LF only).  It did have white
space at the end of most (every, maybe) lines, but this is
easily fixed - I routinely check and remove white space
anyway.

The patch itself didn't apply directly due to your earlier
practice of doing your editing outside git - my git has
no knowledge of one of the files used in the comparison,
so it refused to apply it.  As it was a simple patch it
was easily pasted in, so no problem.

Incidentally, the precise line endings are not significant
if you send them to someone who uses git under Windows (me),
as git under Windows silently converts all line endings to
Unix during the commit (if necessary) by default.

Trevor

Are you talking about the patch where you had to fix the @qq{} thing I forgot to do? If so, could you also check the patch I attached to an email in this thread at 12:37 p.m. Central Time yesterday? I made that one using git and I'd like confirmation that it has all the formatting you guys expect. It was made to fix a typo, "lastest" to "latest".

Thanks,

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp