Re: CM 1.1 git question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: CM 1.1 git question
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:49:01 -0600

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

Jon,
Now that you've got git installed, you can do this much easier.

I've had git installed for a long time I just didn't know any commands except git pull origin. :)

8. send patch to someone with commit privileges

Keep doing this.

Just now I sent a patch to the list after following all the commands Johannes wrote out for me and it worked very well. Did you get this? I realized after I sent it, though, that I sent it from my Thunderbird email client and this historically has jacked up the line endings. Let me know if you need me to send it again from the web-based email to preserve the unix line endings.

Thanks for the help, especially the reassurance that my commits can't do any damage except to my own repo. Whew! :)

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com