Re: adding snippets manually

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: adding snippets manually
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:58:04 +0200

Graham Percival a écrit :
Not only that, but with a minimum of effort.  IMO, people adding
new features should only be required to write one .ly file (for
input/regression/ ); they shouldn't need to do any other manual
tweaking to get a snippet in input/lsr/.
I partially agree. People should never be bored by manually editing snippets in input/new to write them in input/lsr, as this can be handled automatically by makelsr, but there are some formatting requirements for stuff in input/new that are not necessary for regression tests, e.g. tagging. I fixed makelsr.py so it may be invoked without any directory unpacked from LSR tarball to inspect; in this case, it doesn't delete anything in input/lsr, it only updates snippets from what it finds in input/new, including updating translated texidocs. I'd be glad to take 5 minutes to explain this in the CG, but it doesn't even explain when you whould write a snippet in input/new, so it'll take more time than I can afford this week.

I suspect this will need to wait 6 weeks, unless John pops out of
the woodwork to say "I was kicked out of my teacher training
thing, so I have plenty of time for lilypond now" :P
I don't have "teacher training" at all, at least not before next Spetember, but I'm absorbed by various activities that have higher priority than Lily: an article submission deadline on Wednesday, a commented bibliography for my ongoing Master thesis, playing the oboe (including making reeds) in various amateur orchestras, replacing my choir director at next rehearsal, not including little involvment to defend research and education in France, which are serisously threatened.

Cheers,
John