Re: adding snippets manually

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding snippets manually
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:10:48 +0800

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 05:48:23PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> John Mandereau a écrit :
>> People should never be bored by manually editing snippets in input/new
>> to write them in input/lsr, as this can be handled automatically by
>> makelsr, but there are some formatting requirements for stuff in
>> input/new that are not necessary for regression tests, e.g. tagging.

Yes, but I'm not certain we *want* normal doc people writing the
tags.  I mean, they'll miss stuff that a dedicated snippet
manager should theoretically catch.

That said, there's no point worrying about this until we have a
set of well-tagged snippets.  And... aha, I just solved this
problem.  The LSR person can examine the new snippets in detail
when they update LSR to the next stable.  So any badly-tagged
items in input/new/ will only be badly-tagged until the next
stable release; no big deal.

> Snippets in input/new are added with known people with Git
> access, so I don't see it necessary to check them with "lilypond
> --safe".  Are there any objections with removing this check?

Sorry for the delay, and I have no objections.