Re: please do a "make doc-clean; make clean"

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: please do a "make doc-clean; make clean"
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:52:56 -0700

On 12/29/09 10:26 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> So now make fails, with this error message:
>
> Interesting.  When was the last time you did a fresh "make" ?  Was it
> before 21 Dec 2009 ?
>
>> ./include/libc-extension.hh:51: error: declaration does not declare anything
>> ./include/libc-extension.hh:51: error: declaration does not declare anything
>> lipo: can't open input file:
>> /var/folders/Rv/RvqP2cCoEOawyy1FGSxWZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccyBa9Qz.out (No such
>> file or directory)
>
> Silly question: you're not out of HD space, are you?  :)
>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> My first thought is
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=947
> which was applied on 21 Dec here:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=6b78efc2ea0cb064
> 850c264ff225d9930353a178
>
> but I can't see any vector in libc-extension.hh.  So then the question
> is "what version of gcc are you using exactly", and we start fishing
> around with various low-level issues.
>
> I can't see how the recent texinfo macro games would possibly affect this.

So now I've tried doing a port install of LilyPond, as suggested in Ivo's
website:

http://ivo.bouwmans.name/lilypondleopard/#Build

under option D1.

It failed with

This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt mf.base
tcfmgr: config file `tcfmgr.map' (usually in $TEXMFMAIN/texconfig) not
found.
fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
I can't find the base file `mf.base'!
make[1]: *** [out/feta11.log] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

cd to /, and doing

find . -name feta11.log

showed only three old versions of feta11.log.

I'm pretty much stumped on this, and would appreciate any help that anybody
can give me.

Thanks,

Carl