Re: please do a "make doc-clean; make clean"

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: please do a "make doc-clean; make clean"
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:31:11 -0700

On 12/29/09 10:26 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> So now make fails, with this error message:
>
> Interesting.  When was the last time you did a fresh "make" ?  Was it
> before 21 Dec 2009 ?

No, I've done several fresh makes since then.

>> ./include/libc-extension.hh:51: error: declaration does not declare anything
>> ./include/libc-extension.hh:51: error: declaration does not declare anything
>> lipo: can't open input file:
>> /var/folders/Rv/RvqP2cCoEOawyy1FGSxWZU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccyBa9Qz.out (No such
>> file or directory)
>
> Silly question: you're not out of HD space, are you?  :)

25 Gb free.

>> Any thoughts?
>
> My first thought is
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=947
> which was applied on 21 Dec here:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=6b78efc2ea0cb064
> 850c264ff225d9930353a178
>
> but I can't see any vector in libc-extension.hh.  So then the question
> is "what version of gcc are you using exactly", and we start fishing
> around with various low-level issues.

sorensen2:lilypond-working Carl$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)

I did end up doing a reconfigure (due to trying the out-of-tree build, which
also failed, but that's another story).

During my configure, I've found the following warnings:

checking g++ version... 4.0.1
configure: WARNING: autoconf <= 2.59 with g++ >= 3.3 gettext test broken.
configure: WARNING: Trying gcc, cross fingers.

checking Python.h usability... yes
checking Python.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: Python.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: Python.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for Python.h... yes

checking assert.h usability... yes
checking assert.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: assert.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: assert.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for assert.h... yes

checking grp.h usability... yes
checking grp.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: grp.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: grp.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for grp.h... yes

checking pwd.h usability... yes
checking pwd.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: pwd.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: pwd.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for pwd.h... yes

checking wchar.h usability... yes
checking wchar.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: wchar.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: wchar.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for wchar.h... yes

checking sstream usability... yes
checking sstream presence... no
configure: WARNING: sstream: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: sstream: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for sstream... yes

checking pango/pangoft2.h usability... yes
checking pango/pangoft2.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: pango/pangoft2.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by
the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: pango/pangoft2.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for pango/pangoft2.h... yes

I don't remember seeing any of these before, but having all of these
warnings causes me to think that perhaps there's a bad include path, but I
have no clue about how to troubleshoot it.

> I can't see how the recent texinfo macro games would possibly affect this.

Me either. :(

Last night I was ready to be done with LilyPond development after spending 2
1/2 hours doing make-clean, configure, etc. and having it all fail.

Today I'm ready to work some more on it.

Thanks,

Carl