Re: [translations] Re: Helping translators do their work

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [translations] Re: Helping translators do their work
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:59:06 +0100

Hi guys,
Il giorno mar, 16/02/2010 alle 19.07 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> I understand it.  But to put it simple: I'm not smart enough to guess
> what did happen in such a complex commit, and that leads to nearly
> undoable translation updates.  Others may be smarter than me, so it is
> maybe easier for them.  Not everybody has time enough to solve hard
> puzzles like this.
>
> I am just asking for small things that would lead to big improvements:
> this is all efficiency.

OTOH we'd like to require that commits don't break docs build, which is
incompatible with what you're asking.  A compromise might be more
detailed commit messages that explain what has been done, and possibly a
few hints on *how* it's been done.

I used to like the idea motivated by efficiency that such changes are
done once in all languages, but given my time available for
participating and the available volunteer time for this, this idea must
be abandoned for now.

Best,
John