Re: [translations] Re: Helping translators do their work

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: [translations] Re: Helping translators do their work
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:11:37 +0100

2010/2/16 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> OTOH we'd like to require that commits don't break docs build, which is
> incompatible with what you're asking.

OK. My apologies for having pushed some changes in the past which led
to broken docs; in this case, I was confident in that moving blocks in
originals should be updated by moving blocks in translations.  My
wrong, too confident from my side, because the moving blocks hid
"random" (i.e. hardly detectable) edits without which the translation
cannot  be built.

> I used to like the idea motivated by efficiency that such changes are
> done once in all languages, but given my time available for
> participating and the available volunteer time for this, this idea must
> be abandoned for now.

So, let's keep the status quo and make translators support all the
weight of solving the puzzles. :-(

No problem (for me).
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)