Re: Revised autobeam settings patch -- cleaned up debug comments (issue

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Revised autobeam settings patch -- cleaned up debug comments (issue1667044)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:39:57 +0000

On 2010/06/23 01:51:10, Carl wrote:

As far as the indentation on the alist goes, did you reindent the
whole list, or
just the beam-settings part?  I ask this, because the sample you gave
has
different indentation for beam-settings than for the time signature.

It's indented from the start of the alist in emacs.

At present, the rules are basically translated directly from the
current
beam-settings.scm.  I was planning on overhauling this list once the
basic
functionality of the patch was accepted.  But perhaps I should go
ahead and
revise this list now.

I'm thinking more of the way the beaming is broken when there's a rest.
Currently, 6/4 will beam

r8 c c c c c

with one beam spanning the notes, whereas your patch only beams the last
four notes unless I change the beat length.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/1667044/show